Wedding License Information

We are licensed to perform weddings in both California and Nevada.  If you get married in California, you will need a California license.  If you get married in Nevada, you will need a Nevada license.  Here is information about getting wedding licenses:

Nevada Marriage Licenses

A Nevada marriage license can be obtained six days a week at Lake Tahoe from the County Clerk in the Douglas County Administrative Building at 175 U.S. Highway 50, Stateline, Nevada. (At the corner of Kahle Drive, three traffic signals east of Mont Bleu, across from Lakeside Inn and Casino, same location as the Sheriff's Office.)

Hours: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM Saturday and holidays
Closed: Sundays, Thanksgiving, and Christmas

$60.00 Cash, Travelers Checks , Visa or Mastercard (Certified Copies are $15.00 extra).


You can get a Nevada marriage license in Carson City at 885 East Musser Street, Suite 1025.

Hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Saturday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Closed Sundays, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.

$75.00 Cash (Certified copy included).

One of the following forms of identification is required from both parties:

  • Drivers License
  • Certified Copy of Birth Certificate
  • Passport
  • Military ID

There is no waiting period and no blood test is required. The license is valid for one year. You must be 18 years of age or older or 16 to 18 years of age with notarized parents consent, or with parents present.

For more information visit : Douglas County Clerk or Carson City Clerk

California Wedding License

License can be obtained at the South Lake Tahoe Court House, El Dorado County Clerk's Office, 3368 Lake Tahoe Blvd., Suite 108, at the corner of Hwy 50 and Takela, between Safeway and Bank of America.

Hours: by appointment only between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday through Friday, call (530) 573-3407
$61.00 cash or Travelers checks, no personal checks - includes one Certified Copy.
Waiting Period: None
Blood Test: None
Expiration Date: 90 days
Age Requirements: 18 years of age or older.

Two forms of identification are required, one with a current picture.